There is only a little over a week left until the month of April arrives in its full, ornate glory, and while it is, of course, more than welcome to do so, a part of me wants a do-over for the month of March. It’s just absolutely flown by for me, faster than usual, I would even say, because I managed to find a beast of a cold lurking somewhere in the public transit system, and presently, I’m still a little sick, with a sticky, ticklish cold that really doesn’t want to go away.
Because of said cold, I spent the best part of March lolling about on the sofa, feeling terribly sorry for myself while watching far too much television (and developing an addiction to Father Brown, to boot). I certainly wasn’t at all as productive as I hoped to be at the beginning of the month, so, for the final days of March, I’ve decided to give myself 10 small goals to complete, in order to at least end the month on a positive note, so let’s jump right in!
March Do-Over: 10 Small Goals
- Write Morning Pages every day. I’ve written about the practice of Morning Pages before, but I’ve actually not done them in a while. I’d like to get back into the habit, because doing them has such a positive impact on my day, and now’s as good a time as any to start again.
- Round off monthly budgets. I’m not a big budgeting person, but since reading Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover, I’m trying to get better at it. I’ve done full budgets for January and February, but I haven’t done my end-of-month review nor have I processed the receipts for either of those months, so I’d like to get that finished.
- Set up budget for March and April. Somewhat related to the second goal, I’d like to set up a budget for March (which I didn’t do at all, oops!) and have one for the upcoming month of April, as well.
- Finish my thesis contract. One of the things I have to make sure to finish this month is my thesis contract, which my department’s retroactively decided to reject after first accepting it, so that needs to be sorted out.
- Finish thesis introduction. Speaking of my thesis, I finally received feedback from my new supervisor and I need to make some adjustments and rewrite some parts of my introduction, which I hope to get finished before April begins.
- Finish first chapter. Similar to the above, I wish to also review and rewrite parts of my first chapter.
- Finish second chapter. The last university-related task I want to get round to finishing is to edit and rewrite my second chapter. Since the feedback was really detailed, I’ll need to take some time in April to really crack down on the rest, so I can hand it in for (hopefully) the final review.
- Write blog posts for April. One of my goals for this year is to get into some sort of rhythm or flow for writing blog posts. I’ve noticed that I work best if I batch tasks together – like doing all of my writing in a single setting and only then moving on to taking all of my photos, etc. – so I’m going to figure out something for that.
- KW pages. One of the online projects I’m currently involved in needs a lot of work, but I’m hoping to get at least one big task crossed off the list by the end of the month.
- Do two workouts. Finally, I want to get back into working out, and do at least two sessions before the month is over.
Did your March go according to plan? Are there any small goals you’re hoping to complete before the end of the month rolls around? Let me know in the comments!